Why we need a locksmith license? for the best locksmith Services in NYC call now:(212) 860-5477
Why We Need A Locksmith License ?You should know who is making a key for your home or business!
If you call a locksmith to come and make keys at your home or business, you owe it to yourself to know if they are properly licensed. All license holders must pass a police background investigation. The unlicensed locksmith may or may not be a skilled locksmith, DON’T let them make a key to your property. Unskilled “locksmiths” are called “scammers” and have very little locksmith training or skills.
Don’t be a victim. Be wary of the scams that happen every day. Use the following tips to help avoid a scam:
- Beware of locksmith companies that answer calls with generic phrases like “locksmith services,” rather than a specific name. If a locksmith cannot or will not provide the business’ legal name, find another locksmith.
- When the locksmith arrives, ask for identification, including a locksmith license where applicable. Alabama, California, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas all require locksmiths to be licensed.
- Get an estimate before any work begins, including emergency service.
- Ask about extra charges for things like emergency hours, mileage or service call minimums before you agree to have the work performed.
- If the locksmith’s on-site price doesn’t match the phone estimate, don’t allow the work to be performed.
- Most legitimate locksmiths will arrive in a clearly marked vehicle.
- If you’re locked out, be cautious of companies that recommend or insist on drilling or replacing the lock up front. Most experienced locksmiths have the skills and tools to unlock almost any door.
The licensing laws are put in place to protect the consumer. And when you hire a licensed locksmith, they will have locksmith ID issued by the police department. The ID is proof that not only is the person at your doorstep licensed but that they have been through a background check allowing them to be in the field of security. The idea is to eliminate people with criminal background from serving in the field that is most precious to us (our safety and security). So please use a locksmith that has a locksmith license or send them away.